Thursday, August 22

Beading

 When we were in Michigan work camping, a woman was teaching beading. This was a specialized area of beading using delica beads. You may be familiar with pony beads. This wasn't that. It appealed to me on several different levels; it took up little room, it looked difficult but wasn't, it was unique in feel and texture and once learned you could make something beautiful in less than a week. I have returned to beading thanks to a lifelong friend who asked me to make a bracelet with her favorite football team highlighted. I had some trepidation because I do remember getting a project started was the most difficult part and it has been since 2017 or 2018 since I have done it. So I watched a couple of YouTube videos and fell back into it! I think it will be my craft of choice for an as-yet-undetermined length of time.


So here you see my work area. Longer gaps in posts can once again be attributed to beading. I apologize in advance.

1 comment:

Barbara Brooker said...

You may notice "Barb's Bracelets" at the top of this page. I have not added anything to is for several years but if you want to see some of my work from the past it is all still there.