Friday, January 12

Overscheduled

 You are hearing from a woman who likes her downtime. I am a basic introvert. It takes a long time for me to get lonely. I enjoy my own company. My crafts have taken a back seat while there has been more emphasis on Trivia and Pool(billiards). Photography has also slipped down a ways. I enjoy reading as well and still get some. And we backed up two or three decades this week and returned to square dancing! So it has been an active week. Butch adjusts to the go-go-go much better than I do. I slept in today until nearly 8:00 am!

L to R-Butch, Barb, Caller Ron, his wife, and Mary & Dave Bruun

Yesterday, Butch and his partner Paul Kelleher played at Fast Eddy's in the Golden Age Olympic doubles pool tournament. They won it last year but failed to repeat the feat this year. There were some rule changes, and new 7 ft. pool tables whereby they played on 8 ft ones last year, as well as perhaps just being off their game. Hey, it happens.

There were several other Trophy players in the tournament but none could take home a medal. And the trophy players are tough competition as any of their opponents will attest to.

Arriving at Fast Eddy's-Butch Brooker


Claudette Hogensen



Deb Thompson


Jeff Golly

Paul Kelleher




Butch Brooker


Alex Stinson

Bob Evens





No comments: