Friday, December 22

Flood Gates Open

 The next couple of weeks the flood of Winter Texans will be flowing into the park. Our park population will nearly double for January and February and then in March it all reverses itself.

As for us, we are settled in. It seems to take a little longer each year to establish our routine. I keep thinking it will get easier and it has a little. It took us much longer than I anticipated to transition from the motorhome to our Texas home integrating that with our Iowa home. I am now what I can safely say comfortable with all of it. Our todo list and our want to change lists are in the past. That can change at any moment. I say that not seeing anything on the horizon.

We went to Sam's Club in McAllen yesterday and judging from that we will keep our Sam's Club visits for Iowa. It is just a few days from Christmas so I suppose that has something to do with it. Butch had his leg run into by a woman pushing a cart. And the isles were full of people and carts trying to go in all four directions.

It was definitely not a place for us rural Iowa folk who like our wide open spaces. I don't even like to go to our hometown Fareway when the number of people is too plentiful.  Oh well, we are happy as clams and grateful as all get out for the life we have the privilege of living and we hope you are too.

Till next time!

No comments: