Tuesday, September 5

Labor Day Weekend

 So it is over...One of our local TV stations did a survey on what people were doing for the holiday weekend. 49% were working!! It is a sad commentary on the state of our country. I am not pointing the finger politically because it takes all of us to make things right. No one person can make things this out of whack just as no one person can fix it as much as they try to make us believe he/she can.

My thought when I saw the results of the survey was how sad it was that the working people cannot take "their day" off!

An update on things taking place around us. Pete of Pete and Jerilynn had his heart worked on 2 or 3 weeks ago and it has been an ordeal for both of them. Pete is still in the hospital, but hopefully on the mend. We are keeping a close eye on that situation.

One of the world's toughest women, Mickey Starr,  is still giving it her all in her battle with cancer. Mickey has been my friend since 3rd grade so I am keeping a close eye on her too.

Butch and Jason are playing golf this morning trying to beat the heat to no avail.

Butch and I still play pool every day at 4. I am still learning and getting better and he is still letting me use his one-shot rule so I do not get overly frustrated. 

This is the time of year we start thinking about heading South. We are going to let the weather be our guide. We plan to build an RV-style bed in our Texas home to match the one we have in Iowa. Butch has been getting that lined up. We are never completely comfortable without a project in the works.

Till next time!

No comments: