Thursday, November 10

Gradual Slowdown

 Okay, so now I do have to admit that with age comes a gradual slowdown. I do like the slower pace but it also provides a conundrum. Some things just gotta go. Instead of getting 10 things done in a day, I might have to settle for 5 or even less!

On Tuesday we had an appointment with the dermatologist. It is the usual 6-month checkup and we both had spots we needed to be assessed. We waited a very long time to get in. I like appointments at 1:00 PM so you do not have as long to wait but those appointments are very hard to come by. I have 2 spots that needed to be biopsied and a few to be frozen. Butch had a few frozen places, mostly on his face. This isn't new-just another aspect of the aging process.

We needed to go to the grocery store but time was fully eaten up by the dermatology thing so we planned to go yesterday to the grocery store. When we woke up and finally got ourselves around the tree-trimming crew had us blocked in...and I had laundry started. The tree-trimming crew did a fantastic job of trimming all the trees in the park. It was fun to watch their efficiency but I had half a dozen irons in the fire. So you see where I am going here...We did get the shopping done, I did get the laundry done, and I failed to get a blog post done, supper was a slam-together event but I did get it done.

Manipulating my pictures on the new Chromebook is a bit of a challenge mainly because I was on automatic before and now there are several ways to do it and I can't remember the most efficient way. So it takes me twice as long...

This one photo shows many of the changes and additions we have made. On the right side Butch is sitting at the new computer area we have designed for ourselves. Then to the left is the new TV. The old one has been installed in the bedroom. Our two new recliners are visible. They are going to replace Butch's with the KLUNK but not until late December or early January.



















No comments: