Sunday, October 16

Easily entertained

 In Sunny South Texas, we are fifty miles or so from the gulf but still, we know that the water used to be where we can stand on dry ground these days.

That is not all of my story. I used to golf until I wore myself out doing it but way back when I played the executive course in Weslaco I would now and then pick up a shell that had made its way to sunlight and put it in my pocket. Fast forward to today- I told Butch perhaps he might want to take my clubs to Texas and use them there and leave his here so we would not need to haul them back and forth. He liked the idea so started cleaning out my bag and ran across a couple of seashells I had saved. 

Here they are: 

Seashells far from the seashore...
When disturbing the soil in south Texas it is not uncommon to find shells.

No comments: