Wednesday, August 24

Dry Spell

 I know it has been a while since you have seen what Barb and Butch are doing and the answer is in some ways we are not doing much and in other ways, we are busy. 

My sister Myrla is young enough to be one of my kids; I look at her that way in many instances. I have said for years she should have been a standup comedian and whenever I call her I am guaranteed something to laugh about in less than 10 minutes on the phone. She has always been able and willing to relate hardships in the funniest ways. 

One time Butch was in ER with a cut on his hand and we were talking with the doctor about many things besides Butch's hand and discovered that Myrla had dated him in high school! His take on her was that she was big-hearted and I have to agree. Myrla is many things-all of them interesting.

One of the things about her is that she has had seizures for many years and lately it seems they have happened more frequently. If you know anything about seizures hers are petit mal seizures. And so she was hospitalized on Monday for tests to be conducted to find out the frequency and severity of them. And since she was in Ames Iowa at Mary Greeley Hospital for this we went to see her. Son Jason went with us and we laughed and had "Myrla Fun" for over an hour. They had gathered the information they were after and she was scheduled to go home today. I will be calling her best friend Tara C. to get the results later today.

That took care of Tuesday...Now today Butch was scheduled for a hearing test to find out if his hearing aids were holding up and if his hearing had worsened. This was in Carroll IA. The answer was 'Yes' his hearing aids have held up and 'No' his hearing has not diminished much. His hearing aids are 7 years old.

And that brings us to our new car. Butch is tickled pink with it and he has used the feature of letting it drive itself both yesterday and today. He set it and then only touched the steering wheel one or two times the entire trip when we were on the open road. Not sure that will happen much when I drive it. I have driven it around town and it is nice to drive and much easier than the manual drive we had in the Hyundai. I think I will be far more comfortable driving it. It will still be true that I really am not too crazy about driving no matter what it is. So now Butch is on the golf course...some things never change!

No comments: