Tuesday, December 1

Sometimes

Sometimes I forget about you. You being, the friends and family who still look in on what we are doing from time to time. Today is a busy day. I have invited Liz and Dave for a bean soup supper. Liz bought the turkey/ham offer that HEB does each holiday season, offering a ham if you buy a turkey. I would do that too if I had freezer space, but I don't. So the ham was a bone-in ham which is the very best option for making bean soup. So the soup, she is a simmering.

Also, Monday and Tuesday afternoons are women's pool days. I went yesterday, had a good time and won 4 games out of 6. Felt good about that and would like to go again today but not sure I can work it in. Liz would like to give me a haircut sometime today and I need to go to the grocery store. Are you starting to see the picture?

Life is good.

We have been enjoying streaming on Netflix, Amazon, and IPBS passport. Jason told us about a strange but fascinating documentary on Netflix. My Octopus Teacher. It was very good and thought-provoking. We enjoyed it very much. We watched Hillbilly Elegy and our friend Liz, who was raised in that part of the country found it to be unfortunately accurate. And we have been watching My Next Guest Is with David Letterman. He interviews a wide variety of people and it is always done well. On Iowa PBS Passport we have been watching The Durrells of Corfu. I had watched it before but Butch had not so we are watching it together. I am enjoying it as much the second time around. Good Internet is worth it to me many times over! The next 5 months will be whizzing by!

No comments: