Thursday, October 15

BRRR!

 36 degrees as I write! Too Cold! The garage door is supposed to be installed this afternoon and then we can turn on the heat in the pool hall. That should help. I dashed out and took a few pictures. I will place them at the bottom of this post. But first...

Many of you know about the class of '61 and a few classes on either side who have moved back to Jefferson after many years away. There are quite a few of us and we ordinarily have gatherings throughout the year. But this year is an exception. I read a Facebook entry a while back that said 2020 should qualify as a swearword and I must agree. So when you say "What the 2020!" everyone knows you have let loose with a very naughty expletive. But I digress. We women of Jefferson, or a few of the women of Jefferson, met at Russell Park wearing masks and socially distancing. We always have a good time at these functions and this was no exception.

In reference to the paragraph above we have another member of the class of '61 returning to Jefferson to live and be in the company of people she met in kindergarten. Jan Durlam Mitchell will be moving here from Arizona in a couple of weeks. And since we are still waiting for our MoHo we may get to at least say hello when she arrives. She will be about 3 blocks from us. We hope to see more of her next summer. She likes to play pool. 

My friend Mickey has been doing a craft this summer that I am sure many of you might have an interest in undertaking. Mickey's daughter Dena introduced her to it. Mickey found an old welcome mat in her shed that had a pattern of leaves. She painted the leaves in an array of fall colors, sprayed it with polyurethane, and now has a very unique welcome mat that catches everyone's eye. A few years ago I bought a welcome mat at Costco and it has been on our front steps ever since. It looks much different now that Mickey did her magic for me.



And here are the photos I dashed out to take this morning. Russ had another job that took him away for a few days so I had to fill in as Butch's assistant. It was fine. We work well together after 61years of practice. However, I am very glad Russ is back. It goes faster and with greater precision when Russ is working.




No comments: