Tuesday, August 25

Progress report 8/25/2020

 I had forgotten how tied down you are when you start new construction. You either have to be on-site because somebody's going to stop by for an assessment or deliveries of needed supplies.  And there are probably a dozen other reasons.  I am so used to Butch wanting to go with me when I go grocery shopping that it feels strange to go alone. What can I say, the guy likes to go grocery shopping. Now I know where Gary got it.  When Gary was about three I needed to go to the grocery store for a quick trip and he wanted to go with me. I took off in the car without him and unbeknownst to me, he followed me. it was also unbeknownst to his father who was at home supposedly taking care of him. A policeman came to our door with a 3-year-old Gary asking if that was where he lived. Thank God this was in 1964 and we lived in a small town or we probably would have gone to prison.

But back to the present -Butch is out in the pool hall doing electrical wiring and he reported to me a few minutes ago that he was about one-fourth done. That is good news!

Last weekend Jason came over to help. Butch needed to connect the house electrical box and take it through an underground trench to the pool hall or vice versa actually. Suffice it to say, it got done. We had it all set up for when Jason came to help and it went rather smoothly. Jason even helped us fill in the trench.

Butch has also been helping with the siding when Russ needs an extra pair of hands. I think you can tell by now that Butch and his leg are getting along fine as long as Butch doesn’t push things too far and forget his limitations. The only wrinkle lately is the ladder he likes to use because it is lightweight and also very wobbly and unsafe. He bought it at an auction for $2 several years ago and it has been the scene of more than one accident for him. As I watched another wobble this morning I told him it was going to mysteriously disappear some morning about 6:00 am. I will carry it (very lightweight) to the curb and let some other DumbA-- break his neck. Every time I see a nice ladder on sale I point it out but until the wobbly one is gone he won’t do it.

We are having a heatwave to match the drought. Just when you think this year could straighten out yet one more thing piles on to the load.

Here are today’s pics:








No comments: