Saturday, May 23

Weather!%$^&

Weather!
Whether the weather is cold,
Whether the weather is hot,
We'll weather the weather,
Whatever the weather,
Whether we like it or not!

No, I didn't write it but it is one I have repeated for years and it could not be more appropriate. I am almost thinking that triple-digit heat isn't as bad as daily gloom. It is either raining or threatening rain and even if it isn't raining it is cloudy. If and when the sun comes out it never lasts for more than an hour.
Yesterday Butch and I went for a tour around some of our favorite haunts in Greene County Iowa. I took a few photos.

Spring Lake and yes, it was crowded.









The Twin Shoppe is open for business. It is Butch's favorite place for ice cream.




 This is a neighborhood cat laying claim to our tree. We are on speaking terms but not petting terms just yet. He had better leave the birds alone or it could get ugly. So far, so good!

No comments: