Friday, May 1

A bit overdone?

Butch and I are both feeling like we may have overdone it a bit yesterday. We decided to start early getting ready to leave and that way we have time to assess and perhaps recover and/or repair whatever might show up as a flaw. So we asked Omar and Donna, our neighbors across the street, to help us get the screens off and they were happy to oblige and assured us if we needed more help to not hesitate to ask. I could do a whole post on how asking is hard for Butch to do. I know others like that. Her name starts with "M" and she will know who she is. We all come to a time when we need assistance most likely from the younger generation. And what many forget is that it makes people feel good to help someone else.

So the screens were removed and they needed washing. I hate putting anything away dirty. I also needed to wash the rugs and here is a good place to do that as we have nice cement slabs that can be used to lay them out to powerwash them. So I did that. Butch helped by aiding in locating things and hooking them up for me. Needless to say, we both put in a good days work. He had therapy at two as well. I didn't go with him this time.

Butch wanted to "exercise" the generator on the motorhome and this is something that needs to be done often. It is recommended to do it every month but we do not seem to get it done quite that often. That process went fine. We also wanted to test the leveling legs to see that they were functioning. We have had them be difficult in the past. And that is where we did run into a snafu. Two of them did not want to budge. We tried all the usual methods to get them to work to no avail. We do have an RV repair fellow in the park and as I write this, Butch and Wayne are assessing the situation. Got the word. No luck but there is a stop-gap measure that can be done so we can travel. We will want to wait till the day before we leave to do it I am guessing. It is not as serious as it may sound to the uninitiated. As Butch is fond of saying, "It won't affect the running of it none." It will require a drive to Moscow Iowa and the hydraulic repair place sometime in the next month or two. That and a few or maybe several hundred bucks and we will be good as new.

So last night we were both nursing our aches and pains. But before you start feeling sorry for the old boy I must tell you that he has on more than one occasion taken off walking forgetting his cane! I know, it surprises us both when it happens. The doctor did tell him this would be one of the signs he would be ready to give it up. He is definitely not there yet but perhaps a step or two closer.

So this morning I decided to get my walk done so I could shake out some of my kinks and take a few photos. I walked the perimeter of our neighboring park, Winter Ranch, and then circled the golf course so the total was  1 1/2 mile. That was enough to loosen up a few muscles.

Beautiful day today- Temp at 8:00 am was 66 with humidity at 25.

Today's photos


Corn has ears

And tassles

 Listen to the Mockingbird


Dove 1

Dove 2


Jack 1
 Jack 2


Hole number 6





No comments: