Wednesday, February 5

Old Pics of Jason

One of the reasons I hang in there with Facebook even though so much of what gets posted is pure rubbish is the occasional surprise. Like today when I am slowly making my way through the rubbish, which I hide by the way when I spot a picture of our youngest son Jason. At that point in his life, he had graduated from college and was living on his own in Boone. Jason went on a trip to California with a friend named Theron. I remember him going on the trip but little else about it. I remember him telling us about Theron's Grandpa Cyrus McQuillen in California. Butch and I both remember Cyrus as the father of a classmate of Butch's and a workmate of my father. Of course, we know now that The McQuillen family in California was making the acquaintance of our youngest son, Jason. Little did we know that many years later we would become much better acquainted with Dugan, Sharon, and Kevin McQuillen and value their friendship so very much.
What a special treat to see these pictures of Jason on his California trip. Jason is the one with the mustache. My guess on the year would be 1983 or 1984




No comments: