Tuesday, July 16

Subway is Keto Friendly!

Jason told me about getting a salad at Subway. He sounded positive about it but having been disappointed in trying to eat healthy in a fast food place before I was slightly skeptical. But while on a road trip yesterday we decided to give Subway a try and was most pleasantly surprised. For one thing, I think there has been a change in their menu because on the big board I read  " order any 6" sub as a salad". As luck would have it, a fellow a couple of spots ahead of me was ordering a salad so I paid close attention. Subway now has a special bowl and a chopping tool they use when you order a salad. Maybe they always have but I never noticed it before.
So I ordered a 6" Subway Club "as a salad"! She grabbed her trusty bowl and added all the ingredients they would normally put on a 6" Subway Club, asking me what kind of cheese I wanted and then what veggies I would choose just like usual with all of it going in the bowl. The next step was did I want lettuce or spinach or both. I opted for both and a healthy couple of handfuls also landed in the bowl. That was the bread replacement. Dressing? Yes, Ranch. And then do you want it as is or chopped? I chose chopped and she chopped away. She upturned the big bowl into a serving bowl with the final question being do you want crackers or croutons and I said neither. It was delicious!!! It is very reassuring to know that there is a fast food place to fall back on while on the road.

No comments: