Thursday, April 11

Doctor visit plus

My final visit to the sinus doctor was yesterday and all is well. They wanted me to come back in 14 days but I said no because we will be gone. So then they made one for October. It is still a question mark in my mind whether I will keep it. We will wait and see.

Keri asked me to get her a certain dressing that is only available in H-E-B in Texas. There are H-E-B stores all over the Rio Grande Valley as well as the State of Texas so I started searching for a store that carried it and found out it was only available at one and that was close to where I was at the doctor's so we stopped by the store at 10th and Trenton in McAllen. And sure enough, they had it! I have never in my life been at a grocery store as large as that one! It was not a superstore. It was just a very large and very well stocked grocery store. It is like a tourist attraction and would be worth going to look around. The variety is mindboggling!

I asked Keri how she plans to use the dressing and she tells me it is a wonderful marinade for steak. I can hardly wait!


I looked out the window the other day and spotted a bird that was unfamiliar to me. After some investigation, I found out it was a Killdeer. I had heard them but had not spotted it. When we lived at Lake Panorama I became very familiar with the Killdeers sound as they nested near the mailbox and tried to scare me off every time I fetched the mail. This is a south Texas Killdeer.




No comments: