Tuesday, November 7

Cheesy Bacon and Potato Soup-Slow Cooker

Cheesy Bacon and Potato Soup-Slow Cooker
“ I saw this recipe on Facebook and it looked simple and yummy so I tried to copy and paste it. It was a video so I tried to go to the website from which it originated and it was just another video! This irks me and most often I would give up, thinking it was not worth it. However having a bit of extra time I followed through, watched the video (grr) and wrote down the recipe by pausing after each ingredient and each direction. Rarely is this much effort worth it to me.” -Barb

Ingredients:
1 32 oz pkg Chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 bouillon cube
1 32 oz pkg frozen diced potatoes (hashbrowns)
3 C grated cheddar cheese
½ C real bacon bits

Directions:
Pour broth into slow cooker, add creamed soup and whisk to mix. Cube cream cheese and add to pot continuing to whisk it in. I found this step easier by letting this mixture heat up in pot first. Mix in frozen potatoes, and then the cheese, keeping some cheese for garnish. Cook on high heat 3 ½ hours or until potatoes are tender. Add bacon bits for last 15 minutes of cooking holding back some for garnish.

Rarely does Butch rave about a recipe but he did this one and I had to agree. Easy to put together and mighty tasty.
PS. I am not a fan of bacon bits, real or otherwise, so I cooked real bacon to extra crispy.
Enjoy!

No comments: