Tuesday, September 19

Window craft project

Butch replaced the window in the garage when the new siding was applied. He was going to toss the old one but I protested. It is in rough shape but there was a craft project I wanted to try.
I did clean it up a bit before I started.

And here is the final result


Method: Find coloring book pages and print them off. I found mine online by searching coloring book pages of flowers. Then I cut the pages and chose the flowers I wanted, Taped them to the backside of glass and then traced around all the lines with a permanent ink Sharpie. Paint them just like you would on paper only using paint.

Tracing around all the lines is important. If you do not you lose detail. Now I want to do another one!

1 comment:

Franklin Stewart said...

The old window was indeed in bad shape. It takes a great deal of creativity to still find a use for it like you did. You sure have a knack for turning scrap into decorative furniture. I hope, though, the new window looks great with the new siding. I wonder how many recyled or reused items you have in your home.

Franklin Stewart @ Muller Exteriors