Tuesday, September 29

Lotta dogs...

...get into trouble with skunks. I ran across this tip so thought I would share. Especially since we are coming into a  season where skunks are quite active.
Dear Reader,
Welcome to this issue of Ask The Computer Lady!
I had a chance last week to try out a home remedy that I had hoped to never need, and I am happy to report that it works! :-) 
Last night, our dog was sprayed by a skunk. After a quick search online, I found detailed directions for a hydrogen peroxide wash to use on my dog, and after using the solution and then shampooing her once, there was no more smell!!! I could bury my nose in her fur and take a deep breath and all I smelled was a nice shampoo smell. 
Here is the website that I used:
http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/dogs/tips/de-skunking_dog.html
Have a great week,
Elizabeth

And if you are looking for Elizabeths computer tips otherwise known as The Computer Lady here is her website. I have received her newsletter almost as long as I have had a computer.
www.asktcl.com

No comments: