Saturday, August 22

Controlled Burn

This morning we ran into Mickey on the trail and she reminded us that they were burning down an old house at the corner of Harrison and Olive street. We later learned from an older bystander that the house at one time was a hotel for the railroad. It seemed likely to us. This burn is an opportunity for the small volunteer fire departments of our county to get in a practice on firefighting skills.
I was able to get some great photos before my phone died. Yup, that is right, my phone died. But I digress. Here are some fire photos.









At one point, raccoons came running out of the house. It was well engulfed in fire at that time. Three came out and spread out in different directions. A spectator said that was their fire plan and they would meet up at their specified location. I am sure they were right.





 The fact that I use Dropbox, all of the photos I took went straight to my computer so even though my phone died due to unknown circumstances I still had all my fire photos.
And here is a link to the Greene County News Online :http://greenecountynewsonline.com/2015/08/22/fire-departments-do-controlled-burn-of-city-owned-house/#more-20681

Later, on the advice of Mickey, I went to the Verizon place in Perry arriving at 4:01. They close at 4:00 and even though we could see them they would not relent and let us in. So now the plan is to wait till Monday and go to Des Moines.
So if you feel compelled to call you better use Butch's number. Till Next time!

No comments: