Sunday, March 29

Bean Bag Tournament

Jerilynn signed us up for a bean bag tournament. I have never played bean bags in my life. And Butch can tell you when he asks me to throw something up to him when he is on the roof, suffice it to say it is not pretty. Neither of us knows where it will go or even if it will get there! So I didn't know how this would unfold.
It was a double elimination tournament with 44 players. I was surprised because I did not embarrass myself nearly as much as I thought I would. In fact, my partner Al (drawn at random) and I won our first game which put us in the winners bracket, getting us off to a good start. We lost the next two, and it took a long time to do it because we had to wait for the winners to meet up with us. Jerilynn did the best out of the four of us. She and her partner were some of the last playing and they lost the last round by only two points. Butch and Pete were partners. We all were merely players and not final winners, and it was fun.

I think the plan today is to play some shuffleboard. It will be just the four of us and we will be playing Texas/Arizona rules. Florida rules are out of whack as far as we're concerned.

Butch has played some pool. They have two tables and he says they are not in bad shape but dirty. I said you mean Don Louks would be incensed? And he said he certainly would. They also have different rules. Butch said the rules are the ones we played by when we were kids. Of course, he likes the Texas rules better.

It has been a bit strange being here because in many ways it is the same as Magnolia Park. The people here are very friendly and mix a lot. Mostly working class people, Jerilynn said their Arizona park was kind of hoity-toity if you catch my drift and she had to bring lots of dress up clothes. Next year she plans to
leave the dress up clothes at home because she hasn't used them.

This has been a fact finding trip for us and as of yet no firm decisions have been made concerning next season. There are many aspects to consider...

No comments: