Sunday, May 19

Yesterday

Butch and I finished out ALL the trim and touched up paint where needed. And then we decided to tear into the vanity in the bathroom and we successfully installed all the top parts. So we decided to see how much of the remainder we could tackle- opened the box...and discovered it was the wrong color. Black or chocolate brown instead of white so I called Menards and we came to a resolution but the person I talked to failed to instill confidence so I still have hope but will not be convinced just yet that it is "rectified". I will know on Tuesday.
Today we had most things all done so we decided to go to an auction in Glidden Iowa. We came home with one small item but we tried to buy more. An interesting side note: The lady having the sale is 90 years of age and she is choosing to downsize. She said she buried St Joseph in the yard and sold her house the next day. She swears it works every time. Carroll County Iowa is heavily Catholic but she swears it works for everyone regardless of denomination. The only problem is she would like to dig St Joseph up now that her house is sold but she has forgotten where she buried him! Her neighbor said how hard can it be to find him. He has to be under fresh dirt. She had to give possession right away so my guess is St Joseph is going to stay buried right where he is. So if you want your house to sell quick go buy a St Joseph artifact and bury it in the yard. She assured me it could be a cheap plastic replica and work just the same. Let me know if you try it.

No comments: