Friday, November 9

This fine morning...

We have our walk done and we both noted how beautiful the weather was with moderate temperatures, a warm southerly breeze and glorious sunshine. Our friends the Stilson's are due to arrive today and we are looking forward to seeing them again. Our friends the Gordon's are due to arrive tomorrow and their house is ready for them...or as ready as we can get it. We would like to sit for a long catching up visit but we must leave them alone for awhile to get settled. And we will....maybe....
The vegetable cart is due to arrive today and I need to load up. We like to give the produce people our business so I have waited for them and being on South Beach we are feeling a bit deprived of veggies. Yeah, I never thought I would say that about Butch but he is wanting some jicama and has gobbled up every bit I have thus far purchased. I like the big fat carrots they have here too. I also hope they have some squash, both acorn and spaghetti. I tried a new squash this summer, a gift from friend Colleen, called batwing. It was very, very good. Looks much like an acorn but is sweeter. However after having a sugar-free body for 6 weeks now everything tastes sweet!
We thought we had friends coming to South Padre but now we don't so we will plan a trip there soon.
Butch is bored...never a good thing.wink, wink.

No comments: