Tuesday, July 12

The behinder I get



Last Friday the JIGS (Jefferson Iowa Girls) met at my friend Mickeys place in Clive Iowa for lunch. She prepared  a wonderfully tasty meal of enchiladas. I hope that is what they were. Mickey will tell me if I am wrong. It was a pleasant day with women who have known each other for a long time.
JIGS started after a class reunion about five years ago. A few of us decided we were close enough geographically to get together for lunch in various locations about once a month and have been doing so ever since. Obviously I haven't made many meetings but I try to when I am close enough. Our common ground started as classmates but we have discovered many other interests and firmed up many friendships of those long ago years. I very much enjoyed the day.

This past weekend was spent on the house. And it is coming along. It sort of reminds me of working a jigsaw puzzle. We now nearly have all the pieces laid out and we will soon start putting them together. But another thing about jigsaw puzzles is that they are addictive. We both keep turning back to it. You know, we just cannot leave it alone. Keep picking at it. Not because we are anxious to get it done but because we are enjoying the process. The truth be known we will most likely be a bit sad when it is all completed. A little sad, not a big sad.

The bathroom is no more. Butch hated to see it go. It was quite handy having a second bathroom but in order to proceed we had to eradicate it. It will be in an entirely different location.  Leo comes to help  on occasion and he did the honors of lifting the stool into the dumpster.

 It is about time for more pictures. Will do

No comments: