Monday, January 24

Lately

Double meaning with the title today. I have been making and teaching bracelet-making on a steady basis. Last Saturday there were four of us enjoying a beading session learning peyote. It is the hardest to teach and learn in my opinion. Classes for that must be small. The Saturday bunch did very well. Either they were quick learners or I am getting better at explaining. Maybe a bit of both.
Last week Peggy and I went hunting out bead stores. There are several but all are small and so far only one sells the Delica beads we need for peyote. We ran into the mananas state of mind at two different stores. The lights were on- a sign said they were open- but the door was locked and we couldn't get anyones attention. It is the way of the deep,deep south if you catch my drift. The only ones who think there is something wrong with that are we winter Texans. Different cultures clashing. Small thing. We also stopped at a couple of thrift stores because the next craft project is the flower plates on rebar. Thrift stores and dollar stores are the perfect place to get the items needed for this project. I think most of us have gathered enough plates to make a whole garden of non-growing flowers.
Butch is busy getting as much play in as possible on golf and shuffleboard as he is playing in the Seniors RGV Olympics in those two events.  I guess it makes him feel better to know he practiced. He is quite good at both these days.
Must get on with my day. Till next time...

1 comment:

Jeannie and Eldy said...

Hi, Barb! When we see you again, I'd really like to learn how to bead bracelets! do you have a photo of the rebar project?