Wednesday, October 14

Chili Weather

Rained most of yesterday, still dark, dank and dreary today. They are promising sun tomorrow afternoon. But highs are not expected to be above 55 whether we have sun or not. I do not mind a few days like this but a few is all I like.
I need to get back to walking and hope to do that today rain or no rain.
The park is full so there is plenty to watch. It is like being at the zoo. People are funny and do the funniest things.
We had chili last night for supper. Every cook I know has their own special chili recipe. Here is mine:
Barb's Chili
1 lb hamburger,browned and drained
1/2 large onion chopped
1 can Mrs. Grimes or Bush's Chili beans
2 cans Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with green chillies (one hot and one mild)
8 oz. can of V-8 or tomato juice
1 T. brown sugar

Combine ingredients in a crockpot and let simmer 6-8 hours
Sometimes I add green pepper,grated carrots or different kinds of beans. Butch prefers I use 2 cans of Ro-tel hot diced tomatoes. I also double this recipe if we are having company or I want leftovers.

No comments: