Tuesday, September 22

New Tires plus Bob

We got all new tires mounted on the motorhome today. That was a major bite in the budget. We should be good to go for another 5 or 6 years now.

I am still snowed under with Bob's stuff but I made great strides yesterday when I called the auction people to come give me an assessment. They were very encouraging and I now feel I can see the end of the tunnel. There will be an auction in Atlantic of his things including car on October 1st. It might pay his way in the nursing home for one more month. The whole experience has made me grateful we have nursing home insurance.
It has also once again made me aware of material things and their lack of value. Bob has a list of over 100 items he wants me to bring to the nursing home. He will not have room for even one fourth of his requests. Many of his things will be stored in the nursing home basement where he can "visit" them. Among his requests are 4 mirrors, all of them larger than 2'x 3', 10 to 15 decorative items to hang on the walls, 7 or 8 stuffed animals, 4 personal pictures and a plethora of plastic flower arrangements. He also wants his fishing poles,tackle box, tool box,recliner, marble topped coffee table, desk, home theater system, radio, side chair and 4 lamps. He made me a list. It covers both sides of an 8 x 11 sheet of paper and he writes very tiny. And now you have had a glimpse of my life for the past two weeks. And I haven't even mentioned the law suit he wants to bring against a surgeon and the Cass Co. Hospital. He was really hot to go visit with lawyers on that subject for the first week. I have hopes he has backed off on that one but there is no guarantee the subject will not come up again. The man has trouble letting go of anything!!!
On the positive side- He loves the nursing home food. Says it is top notch.

I will let you all know when I am once again free of the ties that bind.

No comments: