Thursday, May 14

Another chance?


Last weekend Butch Jason and I went out to Squirrel Hollow. The guys wanted to look for mushrooms. They found evidence that mushrooms were there but someone had beat them to it. I forgot my camera and I really wish I had it. The Raccoon river is particularly pretty in that area and we visited an old cemetery. Pleasant Hill Cemetery near Pleasant Hill Church and Squirrel Hollow Park. I had never seen or visited that cemetery before. It is very old and thus very interesting. Another interesting side note is that there is a stage coach marker near the cemetery that marks the trail from Des Moines to Sioux City. It operated from 1850 to 1866. It could not have been an easy ride!! I plan to go back and take my camera.
Butch is playing golf today. No news there

No comments: