Saturday, March 14

Keep Movin On....

I have the GPS out again and am working with it again to see if I can justify the money spent on it again. We went to McAllen the other day and I took it with me just for fun. While waiting on an appointment I programmed it for our return trip. There is nothing like setting it up for failure when you are in familiar territory and know how it is messing up. I had programmed it for the town of Donna. We live on the edge of the city limits east of Donna so I knew we were going to pass our turn...the one programmed into it and we did. The GPS had us going clear to the next town to turn around. I told Butch that if we had been in an unfamiliar area we would now be having an argument over the darn thing. It simply cannot be trusted. I view it as a very expensive toy nothing more. The screen is too small and too dark too. Now before I paid big bucks for this tiny little thing I had used the one I have with the computer. The screen is bigger and it works much better. The downside here is it is bulky and I have to find a place to set it where I can keep it from falling and still see it. I am going back to this method on our trip out of the valley. Butch likes to know the elevation as we travel along. Like I said, it is a toy.

No comments: