Monday, December 22

My Christmas Time Message



These wonderful babies we now have in our life have given me some extra time. They send pictures and I post them and waalaw another post is made but as the season for celebration is upon us, I thought perhaps it was time to celebrate our own lives too and fill everyone in on us.
We are more than fine. We are great. We have never been more grateful for all we have been blessed with in our lives. Everyday is met with gratitude and the things to be grateful for keep piling up.
As for the every day happenings, they are also abundant. We are both very busy. Butch has golf and pool and frequent knocks on our door with electrical issues to keep his skills in that area honed. I have golf (Tuesdays only),photography and the computer class to keep my skills active and alert. I learn so much from doing the computer class. I come here all rusty and then someone will ask a question needing research and I am off and running doing what I love best.
The diabetes is well under control with diet and exercise. Butch and I walk 2 miles a day at least. One mile in the morning and another in the evening. I have made it a priority and now it is a habit.
We are very busy while at Magnolia Park but we love it for the five months we are here and we also love the other parts of the year in other places just as much.
Yesterday we went to Mexico with Bill and Jo and had lunch at Garcia's above the Canada Store. A cold front went through just before we left so we were dressed appropriately but many were not. We have been having these chilly days about one or two days a week. They are little windows of opportunity for me to get caught up on indoor things. I am plugging away at Nina's blanket and it will be beautiful when finished. I like the way it is going but it may be warm weather in Georgia before she gets to use it! Not really,I seem to really get a spur on when these cold days hit.
We will be celebrating Christmas here in the park. On Christmas Eve we have a program in Allen Hall. There will be finger foods. I plan to tell the story of Rudolph's Secret Friends. It is a story I have carried around since December of 1996 when I cut it out of the Des Moines Register to read at Senior Haven in Cumberland Iowa. The newsprint is a bit hard to read so I went online to try and find the story but to no avail. I did think about typing it out but typing is mot one of my skills. Hmmm....Maybe I can find a typist!
We so hope your life is as you want it to be. Count your blessings every day and watch even more come your way.

No comments: