Saturday, November 8

Just Walkin'

I cleaned house today. It needed it badly as it had not been done since before we were at Granbury TX and that has been awhile. On a daily basis Butch and I walk two times a day. We walk on every street in the park and from previous measure I know that to be 1 and 1/10th mile each time. So we do a total of 2 and 1/5th mile per day.

And for those who do not know I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in May so walking is part of my "diet". I find that if I exercise enough the BS (blood sugar) readings stay in the proper range. So I am doing fine with it and look upon it as a blessing. It also explains a few things for me in regards to why some foods made me not feel so well. I have been to diabetes school. Did you know they have school for that? I drug my feet about going. Had a bit of the "know it all" complex. I learned a lot and would highly recommend it for anyone with the diagnosis or taking care of someone with it. And now for one of my favorite recipes:

Recipe: No Potato Salad


2 small head of cauliflower,cut into bite sized pieces
2 bunches of green onions, sliced
6 boiled eggs, diced
Dressing:
1 1/2 Cup Mayo
1/4 Cup Splenda
2 T. Red wine vinegar
2 T. water, cream or milk

Briefly cook cauliflower, drain and cool. Add diced eggs and sliced onion. Salt to
taste. Prepare dressing and mix with cauliflower, onions and eggs.
YUM!

No comments: