Monday, July 28

Over the Mountain...

And down the hill....We left SMR about 8:15 this morning and boogied up and over Berthoud Pass without a hitch. Butch was very impressed with how our 2004 Newmar Kountry Star performed. Our route was I-70 to I-76 to Hwy 34 and it is all good road. We had looked at our Good Sam book prior to leaving SMR and had chosen McCook NE as a probable destination. I asked Butch before we left if I should scope out a place to stay on the Internet and he said "Naaaw, there are plenty of RV parks along 34." We couldn't find one so finally he pulled over and gave me time to connect and I went to my trusty resource- www.freecampgrounds.com and we found Karrer RV Park on the east side of McCook. 50 amp electric and they restrict your stay to 3 days. Price- Donations!! It is a great little park. That website has saved our fanny more than once. Check it out.
We already miss our SMR friends. What a great bunch of people!! :-)

No comments: