Sunday, June 3

What's Up?

I have been very busy as you might suspect. Still getting used to the altitude. It does seem to be getting better until I have to climb the hill to the commons where we eat. Then I get reminded real quick that I am in a high location. It is beautiful despite the pine beetle infestation which has destroyed most of the pines. The views of the mountains are spectacular and unrestricted.
Our job is Campground Host which covers a multitude of duties but after doing it for 3 days this week the bulk of it is cleaning the restroom/showers. That part of the job is done daily and thoroughly and more than resembles WORK. ;-) On the other hand who can complain with all the bennies we enjoy. I need to clean out the fridge because most everything in there needs tossed. I have yet to cook a meal since we have been here. The food is healthy, plentiful, varied and delicious. The senior volunteers usually eat together in the Commons and we have already made many new friends.
We haven't been able to establish a routine as yet but I have hopes it will happen soon.

No comments: