Sunday, June 18

Biking

Went into Clive (Des Moines suburb) to visit friend Mickey while Butch did some electrical work for his brother Leo. Mickey and I found the Greenbelt bike trail and rode some. It is very close to her house, very canopied and runs along side Walnut Creek. It was a beautiful ride. This trail ties in with the Raccoon River Valley Trail that is 1/4 mile from the new RV park in Yale. So conceivably Mickey and I could hop on our bikes and visit each other instead of driving. That is if we could handle a 38 mile ride one way! I do have plans to rally my biking friends and plan some sort of bike outing. Maybe a a ride from Yale to Jefferson, have lunch at the Tea Garden, yes, in our stinky sweaty biking clothes, and then return to Yale. It would be a total of 36 miles. I think I can handle it. Tell me if you can.

No comments: