Yesterday it all came together. The house is sold. The money is in the bank. Water and electricity are shut off. Insurance is stopped on the house and property. It feels so good to have it all completed!
My goal has been from the get-go to have my life simplified, and now it is, as much as it possibly can be. Or as much as I want it to be!
Life After Eighty!
The one aspect that frustrates me the most is not remembering names. I remember my mother-in-law, Marian Brooker, being frustrated when she could not remember names. I always told her to relax, and it would come. But now I am here, and it can be days before those unknown words come to mind, if ever!
Also, I have several thousand things I would like to do or get done, but there are never enough hours in the day. Naptime also gets in the way.
Still, I do not believe I have ever been happier or more grateful than I am right now. One of life's greatest lessons is that you and you alone are responsible for how happy you are. It comes from within. It is a decision you make every day. Butch and I ran across an elderly lady one day who was asked if she was happy. Her reply was, " If I were any happier, I would have to take a pill!" That is where I am each and every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment