Saturday, September 7

Back to beading

 I have had different crafts at different stages of my life and the truth of it is they usually lose their luster for one reason or another. When we bought the house in Jefferson that needed a full rejuvenation, crafts took a back burner. The only one surviving through that period was photography.

But now I turn back to it. I restarted with Swedish Weaving but it just didn't grab me. I enjoyed it immensely while doing it but the pull back to it wasn't there. And now I am revisiting beading, not just any beading, specifically Delica beading. I have done the generalized beading, otherwise known as seed beading, with success but the one that grabs me and gets the creative juices going is with Delica beads. I have made three bracelets and numerous rings in the past month.



So now you know where I have been and what I have been doing.

However, Photography is always near and dear and always will be.


Mushrooms as large as a dinner plate!



A Still Life. And history lies within. The picture on the wall is one I took more than 10 years ago on the bike trail, the small blanket on the chair is a past Swedish Weaving project, and the lamp is one Butch made in high school shop class. From a photographic viewpoint, the sun's light caught my eye and that is when I reached for my camera that is always nearby.

Every Day is an Adventure!!


No comments: