Saturday, February 10

Haircut

 I have a wonderful hairdresser in Iowa. She always does my hair just like I like it. I also had one here in Texas who lived in the park and was equally as good and very handy to have close. I should have known things are always changing and my friend and hairdresser decided it was time to hang it up. I always wondered how she could stand to be so busy. So now she is getting a well-deserved rest and is truly retired.

I tried a local place that was recommended and I went 3 times. I think that was a fair trial since I was unhappy with the cut three times. It takes me a while to decide if it will work or not. I never believe it is good to judge right away because your head and hair have to get together and decide if they will cooperate. They didn't. 

And then I caught wind of a woman in the park who in her working years owned 3 salons and taught at a cosmetology school and she was willing to cut hair for a donation. That sounded good to me so I made an appointment and I cannot praise her enough! I got up this morning, wet my hands, and ran them through my hair and I was ready for the day looking better than I have since leaving Iowa! It is amazing.

Her name is Rhonda and I was reminded of the song by the Beach Boys. The only part that applies is the title! Help Me, Rhonda!!! Her number is floating around the park and if you need it get in touch with me.





No comments: